So, I have to admit the name of this lil’ award makes me smile because it reminds me of my nickname growing up: “Libster” and because it’s German! When I received this nomination, I had no clue what it was. Luckily, my good friend and a fellow teacher, Mary who blogs at lifeinthedport did some research and this is what she found:
The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? It is a German word and it simply means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Official rules for the Liebster award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200ish followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Describe, in detail, your favorite beverage.
Hands down, I love a steaming cup of earl grey and yogi honey lavender tea, preferrably heated up by my own tea kettle on a rainy day.
- What’s your pet peeve?
People being more engaged with technology than with those around them.
- Tell us the book that has most impacted what matters most in your life.
Oh, this is a difficult one! The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is the first one that comes to mind. I received this as a gift from my Uncle when I was 13, which was a perfect time to read this novel. Since then, I have reread it numerous times (it’s short!). It serves as comfort during times of transition and nudges me to pursue a purpose in life.
- How do you take care of your soul?
What a lovely question: Being present. Prayer. Yoga. Meditation. Reading poetry, scripture, spirtual essays, and other literature that speak to my soul. Writing. Drinking tea and savoring the moment. Conversation. Belly laughs.
- Favorite quote or Scripture?
“In the end these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you learn to let go?” -Buddha’s Little Instruction Book, by Jack Kornfield
Be still and know that I am God.
- What’s your favorite post you’ve written and why? Include a link.
I suppose out of all my posts (which is not a lot so far), it would be a tie between “Stories Written in Hands” and “Loving well, Living Fully, and Letting Go” because they caused me to think deeply and graciously about some people dear to my heart.
- What’s your favorite post of mine and why? Include a link.
Another difficult question! I loved the post on yielding and transition, but I think this one is my favorite. I loved the style of writing and the refreshing perspective on marriage and love that it provided.
- What is the greatest joy of blogging?
Writing on this blog has been good for me on many levels. I have begun to look at life through a writer’s perspective again, and I find this rejuvenating. It has also created gratitude for some every day moments that I might have otherwise overlooked.
- What is the greatest anxiety of blogging?
Sometimes, I feel guilt when I have not written anything new for a while. I know guilt is not something that is necessarily healthy, so I am trying to turn that into motivation instead.
- Which blog speaks most poignantly to you? Why? Include a link.
My neighbor and friend, Rebecca, has a beautiful writing style and some extraordinary life experiences. I am inspired every time I read her blog. (Sidenote: It was so hard to choose just one blog! I am so inspired by some dear friends who also blog because their experiences–whether in motherhood or teaching–seem to run parallel with mine. I’m lucky to have a small community of writer friends who encourage and motivate me to keep on writing. See Meg’s, Mary’s or Megan’s among others…)
- Bonus question, if you’re so inclined: give my some feedback on my blog.
Mary, your writing speaks to me on many levels…as a fellow teacher, friend, and kindred spirit 🙂 Keep on writing!
My wonderings for those nominated:
1. Why do you write?
2. Who inspires you?
3. What book has had the greatest impact on you?
4. What is your earliest memory?
5. What is your favorite quote, mantra, or scripture?
6. What is your favorite tree, flower, or plant? Why?
7. Describe your idea of comfort food.
8. How do you spend Sunday mornings?
9. Which blog speaks most poignantly to you? Why? Include a link.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you visit?
Blogs I nominate for the Liebster award:
- Stories and Memories